Sunday, July 5, 2009

6th July 2009: Monday Mosh #9

6th July 2009: Monday Mosh #9
Here we are again for another Monday Mosh. The weeks just seem to roll by so quickly. It’s hard to keep up! Thanks to you all out for regularly visiting the website and myspace site, our hits on both are creeping up nicely. I’m really excited about the idea of a regular update – people really seem to be following what’s going on.

We have a full on week ahead of us. Next Saturday is our This Day Forth album launch. We are busily preparing ourselves for that. If you are a Perth mosher, it would great to catch you at the Castle next Saturday night. Rowland Gwynne has organized a particularly strong lineup. We have Archaic, Mhorgl and Psychonaut joining in on the festivities. Doors open at 8pm and entry is $10. We will also be getting a live recording of the gig and at least 3 camera angles, so it’s very possible that this show will see a release of some kind or another down the track. It is very exciting, so head down to the Castle on the corner of Stirling Street and Newcastle Street, Northbridge!

There has been a lot of interest in our live recording from last July. For months now I’ve been promising some kind of clarification over it’s release. This weeks edition of the Mosher Crew newsletter will contain some exciting information on the release, and I will make that info available in Monday Mosh #10 next week. So stay tuned for that. I’m listening to a mix of the recording as I type and I’m just so happy with how it has come out. Yes, it is raw and contains mistakes, but it’s also 100% live and real, which is very very cool. We have some really exciting plans for our live material moving into the future.

Yesterday afternoon we hit the studio to record our cover of “Bought By Blood” by Deliverance. We are recording the song for the Christian Metal Realm Deliverance tribute CD. I’ve gotta say, I was completely blown away by the sense of purpose and focus we had as a band yesterday. Sure, there was the usual jokes and laughs, but the vibe was just sensational. Our producer Daniel did a terrific job. Many of you will realise Daniel is from Templar, who have put out a couple of releases now. He is an amazing talent, and he’s actually the one who worked out the riffs to the songs (as well as playing guitar on the track). Matt couldn’t make the session, so he justs needs to lay down a bass track, and the song is essentially done. Simon, Elias and Daniel all play a lead on the track, while I cut a vocal. Dave was also there, and he put down a great drum track. All in all it was a terrific afternoon. Weapons Of Our Warfare is one of my favourite albums of all time, so it truly was an honour to pay tribute to the record in this way. I just hope if Jimmy Brown and George Ochoa ever hear our cover they will appreciate our interpretation of the song. I used to listen to that CD in high school. I never dreamed I would be recording a song from it one day for a Deliverance tribute. The Christian Metal Realm have been posting songs for the tribute on their myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/christianmetalrealm so head over and check what the other bands have done so far.

On the subject of tributes, our version of “The Destroyer Beholds” for the Mortification tribute album has been submitted to the organizers, so we look forward to that CD coming out. I don’t have any solid release details for that one, but I will let you all know as soon as I have something to report. I’m really happy with our version, and all this recording of covers has got Elias and I talking about doing a Grave Forsaken covers album. We used to talk about this a bit on the Centurion Outpost forum, but the dream has never been a reality until now. One way we could do it is to record a cover song every couple of months and then put something out when we have 8-10 tracks. I’m not familiar with all the copyright stuff we’d have to do in order to make that possible, so I’d need to do a bit of research. If anyone has done something like this, please drop me a line via email to let me know how you cleared the use of the songs.

I’m trying something a little different for this weeks website stream. Instead of streaming an entire album, I’m going to stream 2 songs from This Day Forth each week for the next four weeks. I’ve decided to play some stuff that hasn’t been on the myspace site, so this week we’ll start with Affluenza and Death Undone. Check them out!

Well thanks again for checking in to the Mosh. Mosher Crew members will be receiving this months newsletter in their inboxes with this update. I hope you all have a great week, and I’ll be back with more randomness in 7 days (as well as a new episode of GFTV!)

God Bless and Mosh On
Vaughan and Grave Forsaken

No comments:

Post a Comment