Monday, June 29, 2009

22nd June 2009" Monday Mosh #7

22nd June 2009: Monday Mosh #7
I sit here on a freezing Sunday night in Perth typing out this week’s mosh. I’m feeling kind of relieved because this is the only task I’ve set myself this week. I’ve been insanely busy at work, and last week I was on school camp down in Albany, I think around 4 or 500 km’s south of Perth. It was a good week, but it’s straight back into the Monday Madness tomorrow.

This week we are streaming our 2008 album “Destined For Ascension” from our website in it’s entirety. I hope you all enjoyed having a listen to “This Day Forth” during last week. I’ve had a look at the hit counter, and quite a few people had a listen. Obviously we’re hoping that translates into some more sales, but at least people can have a listen before making up their minds.

I’m just in the final stages of putting together our merch and mp3 store. I’ll let you know when it is up, but it will be very soon. We’re really looking forward to being able to sell downloads direct from the site. We have lots of cool things we can do with this. Stay tuned.

Sometime in the next few moshes I will be able to give more details about our live release. This has been an ongoing project for sometime, and as we’ve been promising it will see the light of day in some capacity. I have been delayed in the mixing process as a whole stack of other stuff has been taking my time, but rest assured it is coming. It looks as though we will be experimenting with a “pay what you like” setup through the Mosher Crew Members page. Essentially, we won’t set a price for the recording – but if you want to make a financial donation to the band, you will be free to contribute some money. It will be interesting to see how that approach goes.

This afternoon the band met again at Fattdog Studio to work through some new riffs. These latest riffs are a direct follow on from the thrash approach on This Day Forth. As always, I’m very excited to hear some ideas come into fruition. I was listening to some bouncedowns tonight as I marked my year 10 exams and there was distinct Slayer vibe going on. We seem to be heading more and more in that direction. These songs are still incomplete, but these days I like to give the tunes a lot of time to mature. Lyrics will be challenging as Tim is no longer in the band and he used to write a lot of the lyrics. There is a bit of a theme of destruction coming through in the fragments I’ve written so far, but at the core of it all is hope through Jesus. I have been taking my video camera to all the sessions, so maybe there is material for another doco if all these ideas come together to be the next album.

Elias and I have been working together on a Monday night on some other ideas as well. We are best mates, so we love just sitting down, talking rubbish and recording demo’s. We like to keep busy, and you never know where the next song is coming from. If we can get one of our demos to a reasonable state tomorrow, I’m going to make it the Mosher Crew download for June. Just remember these demos are not Grave Forsaken songs just yet, simply ideas for future projects. Elias and I have literally dozens of song ideas recorded in various states of completion, but many of them never see the light of day. Perhaps you guys can be judge of what should go through to the next round!

As I’ve been away all week, I don’t have a great deal more to report on. Keep the website visits coming – last week was the highest average in the history of the site. Also, I’m still answering a number of emails that have backed up from last week, so if you haven’t heard back from me, you will shortly. Thanks for your continued support. Oh, and check out Boarders – I finally got their album last week and it is killer. Soundmass have some in stock – support them and buy a copy!

Until next time God Bless and MOSH ON!
Vaughan and Grave Forsaken

No comments:

Post a Comment