Monday, August 10, 2009

10th August 2009: Monday Mosh #14

10th August 2009: Monday Mosh #14
Hi everyone. Like I said last week, I’ve been finding I bit off more than I could chew with a weekly Monday Mosh, so from now on I will post them on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month. That means they will basically be fortnightly, except for when there are 5 Mondays in the month.

There is an episode of GFTV due today, but I’ve fallen a bit behind schedule unfortunately. I’m working on the episode right now, but it is still a few days away. I will post a message on our forum when it is on youtube. Mosher Crew Confidential #4 is due next Monday, and that will contain some significant info for Mosher Crew members. It is a really important edition to check out.

I’ve just had an extended chat with a couple of the guys in the band and we have been bouncing around some really exciting ideas for future live shows. We didn’t have practice, but a couple of the guys came over to my place anyway to hang out. I’ve always had this vision of taking the show on the road and playing in town halls in small country towns and regional centres. As we looked at all the gear we’ve accumulated in my shed, we realized we have been blessed with a small arsenal of equipment that we should really be putting into the ministry. We will be praying and seeking God’s will over the future direction of our live performances. However, if you live in regional Western Australia and would like to see Grave Forsaken play in your area and you know of a church or rec centre that we could play in, please get in touch with me and we try and work something out.

Thanks for the spectacular response to the Destined For Ascension giveaway. They have all gone now, but it was really cool to hear from so many people with your words of encouragement. It’s so pleasing to know that the Lord is blessing people through our music. I will have another competition in the October Mosher Crew newsletter.

We are looking forward to some upcoming shows. We actually have quite a bit on over the next couple of months. Just tonight we discussed a possible gig in Byford in late August at the SJ Rec Centre. We are then playing at East Fremantle Baptist Youth Group sometime in early September, plus we have a Castle gig on September 12th. We then obviously have Blackstump on October 2nd, and then we have been tentatively offered a gig at a high school fete in late October. So a fair bit is going on. We are entering a real time of working on our live show and performance to make it the best it can be. As well as presenting the gospel, we want to make our gigs a real fun time for everyone involved.

I’ll keep it short and sweet tonight. It’s nearly midnight and I should really get some sleep. This whole rock and roll late night thing can be taxing sometimes! But I wouldn’t swap it for the world. Thanks for checking in everyone.

God Bless and MOSH ON
Vaughan and Grave Forsaken

Next Monday Mosh: Monday 24th August

No comments:

Post a Comment